HTC One is the only “ONE” HTC flagship smartphone to be launched in year 2013. HTC One is equipped with 1.7GHz Quad Core Snapdragon 600 processor, 2GB RAM, 4MP Ultrapixel rear camera, 2.1MP front camera, and 4.7 inches screen display. With such powerful hardware configuration, you will be enjoyed the user experience brought to you by HTC One especially in entertainment aspect. Despite of this, a prolong usage of the phone will definitely degrade the performance due to the cumulative apps running at the background. You may need to modify the internal system to boost up the performance.
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, TheAndroidROM (TAR) are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC, Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem .
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- AT&T HTC One
- Ensure you use correct device model and firmware
- Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download HTC One USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary. Below
- How to Completely Backup Your Non-rooted Android Devices
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- How to Backup SMS to Gmail & Restoration on Android Device
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup. (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device. (2.3+ and 4.0+)
- You need additional step to enable USB debugging for Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and above. How To Enable Developer Options On Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial .How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
Reminder: Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Dirty Uniconrns 4.2.2 (du_m7_2013-06-07.zip | 178.74 MB)
- GAPPS (gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip | 90.99 MB)
How To Install Dirty Unicorn Custom Rom on AT&T HTC One
Below are the step-by-step instruction guides on how to install Dirty Unicorn custom rom on AT&T HTC One. It will not compatible to other devices.
Take Note:You should fulfill all the pre-requisites and requirements before start. Check the details in page 1.
- Make sure you have follow steps above and enable all the necessary features before start.
- Do a Nandroid backup in CWM/TWRP recovery in case you need for restoration. (Optional)
- Connect your device to the computer via micro USB cable.
- Copy and paste all downloaded ***ROM*** zip files to your phone internal SD card.
- Turn off your phone and disconnect from USB cable.
- Press and hold the Power + Volume Up to enter CWM/TWRP Recovery.
- In Recovery menu, you are always recommended to perform a full Wipe Data/Factory Reset to avoid crashing and ROM compatibility issue. You may skip this step if you upgrade from your previous ROM version. For CWM recovery, use Volume key to navigate in Recovery Mode. For TWRP, use touchscreen to navigate in Recovery Mode
- Do Wipe Cache Partition – Select from the menu and select Yes to confirm.
- Go to advanced and do Wipe Dalvik Cache — Select from the menu and select Yes to confirm.
- From the main menu in Recovery, select the install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from internal sdcard, browse to folder location and select the ***ROM*** zip and click Yes to install.
- After the installation completes, go back to recovery’s main menu.
- Repeat Step 10 by selecting ***GAPPS***zip.
- Select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
- For first boot up, it normally takes longer time. Please wait patiently.