Finally there is news for Samsung Galaxy S2 after waiting so long for official update from Samsung. Thanks to XDA Forum Member izap for the I9100XXLSJ test firmware leak for Samsung Galaxy S2. The firmware was tested by SamMobile that is expected to be rolling out soon since the condition is stable and smooth. Unfortunately, there is no sign of Multi-View and smart rotation features shown in the test firmware unlike Samsung Galaxy S3 leaked firmware I9300XXELK4.
So are you interested in flashing a leaked rom? We have prepared the complete step-by-step tutorial on how to install I9100XXLSJ test firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
It’s always risky to root your phone and be warned that a failure may brick your phone. In order to keep your phone safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
The tutorial and guide below is only compatible to Samsung Galaxy S2 International version GT-I9100 model. It will not compatible to other devices.
Check phone model - Goto Settings -> About Device -> Model Number
New Features in Android 4.1.2 for Samsung Galaxy S2
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- New TouchWiz Nature UX (Same UI as of the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2)
- Samsung’s Cloud services
- Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play Features
- New Widgets From the Galaxy S3
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notifications bar
- Google Now
1. Windows-based PC
2. Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
3. Download and install USB drivers on PC. Download Samsung USB Driver for Windows and Samsung Kies.
4. Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device.
5. Backup your personal data on phone to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
6. Make sure your phone is charged to 50% to avoid interruption during flashing. How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
1. I9100XXLSJ Test Firmware (I9100XXLSJ_I9100OXXLS1_OXX.zip, 530.9MB).
Reminder: This ROM is particular customized for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 model. Please do not try on other Samsung Galaxy S2 variants.
1. We emphasize on backup of your personal data on phone to PC before any flashing of custom ROM.
2. Extract the downloaded I9100XXLSJ_I9100OXXLS1_OXX.zip file into a new folder.
3. Now, shut down your Samsung Galaxy S2. Put in download mode by press and hold Volume Down, Home button and Power button.
4. On the computer, double click the Odin3 v3.04.exe file (within the extracted folder in Step 2) to install the software.
5. Connect your device to the computer via USB cable. You should get a message “Added!!” within the Odin software user interface on your computer.
6. Now, click on the PDA button in Odin, browse and select CODE_I9100XXLSJ.tar file that extracted in Step 2.
7. Click on the Phone button in Odin, browse and select MODEM_I9100XXLS6.tar file.
8. Then, click on the CSC button in Odin, browse and select CSC_HOME_OXX_I9100OXXLS1.tar file.
9. Make sure Re-Partition check box is NOT selected.
10. After you have prepared anything before Step 9, click on Start to begin flashing the firmware on your phone.
10. When the flashing is completed, you should get a PASS message in Odin user interface.
Your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 is successfully installed Android 4.1.2 with buttery smooth performance.