Everyone is so happy with the official update of Android 4.1.1 on Samsung hottest device, Galaxy S3. While, it seem like the story is not end here but XDA forum member Saturn manage to get the leaked Android 4.1.2 firmware for Galaxy S3 today. For those who tested the firmware (SamMobile), it is said that the firmware is considerably smooth and stable and works perfectly as any other official firmware.
So are you interested in flashing a leaked rom? We have prepared the complete step-by-step tutorial on how to install I9300XXELK4 leaked firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
It’s always risky to root your phone and be warned that a failure may brick your phone. In order to keep your phone safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
The tutorial and guide below is only compatible to Samsung Galaxy S3 International version GT-I9300 model. It will not compatible to other devices.
Check phone model - Goto Settings -> About Device -> Model Number
New Features in Android 4.1.2
- MultiView (Multi Windows Multitasking, same as Note 2)
- Page Buddy
- Notification Panel
- Smart Rotation (Screen display adjusts to your sighting angle)
- Continues Inout Samsung Keyboard (Android 4.2 Keyboard or Swipe)
- Paper Artist App (same as Note 2)
- New Gallery App (same as Note 2)
1. Windows-based PC
2. Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
3. Download and install USB drivers on PC. Download Samsung USB Driver for Windows and Samsung Kies.
4. Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device.
5. Backup your personal data on phone to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
6. Make sure your phone is charged to 50% to avoid interruption during flashing. How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
1. I9300XXELK4 Firmware (I9300XXELK4_I9300OJKELK5_ILO.zip, 858.5MB).
2. Odin3 v3.04 (Odin3_v3.04.zip, 456.59KB).
Reminder: This ROM is particular customized for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 model. Please do not try on other Samsung Galaxy S3 variants.
1. We emphasize on backup of your personal data on phone to PC before any flashing of custom ROM.
2. Extract the downloaded I9300XXELK4_I9300OJKELK5_ILO.zip file into a new folder. You may get I9300XXELK4_I9300OJKELK5_HOME.tar.md5 within the extracted folder.
3. Then, extract the Odin3_v3.04.zip into another folder. You will get Odin3 v3.04.exe file within the extracted folder.
4. Now, shut down your Samsung Galaxy S3. Put in download mode by press and hold Volume Down, Home button and Power button.
5. On the computer, double click the Odin3 v3.04.exe file to install the software.
6. Connect your device to the computer via USB cable. You should get a message “Added!!” within the Odin software user interface on your computer.
7. Now, click on the PDA button in Odin, browse and select I9300XXELK4_I9300OJKELK5_HOME.tar.md5 file that extracted in Step 2.
8. Make sure Re-Partition check box is NOT selected.
9. After you have prepared anything before Step 9, click on Start to begin flashing the firmware on your phone.
10. When the flashing is completed, you should get a PASS message in Odin user interface.
Your Samsung Galaxy S3 is successfully installed Android 4.1.2 with MultiView feature.