USB cable is one of the easiest way for connecting our mobile devices to the computer. For conventional devices, drivers will be automatically downloaded once your device is recognized by the computer. There are also some cases where you need to manually download and install the USB drivers in order to connect your devices to computer.
Connection to computer via USB cable enable the transferring of media content, backup files to and fro your phone storage faster and more convenient as compared to microSD-card reader. Meanwhile, flashing rom will mostly involve the connection of your devices to the computer as to backup files, transfer customized ROM and auxiliary files.
From here, we are preparing the the list of essential USB drivers for particular devices to ease the rom-flashing process.
Download Android USB Drives For Windows – Phone & Tablet
1. Acer - Download Acer USB Driver for Windows. Direct Download
Installing a USB Driver - Windows 7
To install the Android USB Drive on Windows 7 for the first time:
1. Download the appropriate driver for your device from the table above.
2. Connect your Android devices to your computer USB’s port.
3. Right-click on Computer and select “Manage”
4. Select “Devices“ in the left panel.
5. Find and expand “Other device“ in the right panel.
6. Right-click the device name in the list and select “Update Driver Software“. Hardware Update Wizard will be launched.
7. Select “Browse my computer for driver software” followed by “Next“.
8. Next, click “Browse” and locate the USB driver folder.
9. Final step is to click “Next” to install the driver.
Install Google USB Drivers for Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 Devices
To download the driver, use the Android SDK Manager tool that is included with the Android SDK:
1. Download and install Android SDK in your computer. (recommended to use .exe file)
2. Once installed, open up Android SDK application in your PC.
3. Then, expand the Tools and Extra in Android SDK Manager. Check Android SDK Platform-tools and Google USB Driver in respective folder.
4. Click on Install Packages. Make sure you click on Accept for both Android SDK Platform-tools and Google USB Driver.
5. Once you click on Install, the files will be downloaded and install.