Despite of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 selling fast in the market recently, developments will never give up to cook new rom for older devices while preparing custom rom for the new one. How developers could simply give up our beloved Samsung Galaxy S3 in developing faster, more stable, high reliability custom rom for it.
It was just a week time since Omega released its v28 Android 4.1.1 custom rom, and yet the same team is now launch its v29 version which based on the newer XXDLJ1 Android 4.1.1 firmware.
If you are interested in flashing the latest v29 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom rom from Omega, we have prepared a complete guide for you as listed below. Remember to read through every single steps carefully before you starts.
It’s always risky to root your phone and be warned that a failure may brick your phone. In order to keep your phone safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
Omega v29 Jelly Bean Features:
- Based on final firmware XXDLJ1 Android 4.1.1 (Date: 08/10/2012)
- Kernel Insecure XXDLJ1
- efs Backup (option to create efs backup during installation
- Omegadroid Bootanimation
- Omegas Jelly Bean Bootanimation
- Aroma installer – installation is fully customizable by users
- BusyBox v1.20.2
- SuperSU v0.96
- Google Maps (updated to latest version)
- Gmail (updated to latest version)
- Play Store (updated to latest version)
- S Memo
- Voice Search
- All supported languages enabled
- All supported languages for Samsung Keyboard enabled
- Disabled advertisement
- Faster GPS lock
- TouchWiz with wallpaper scrolling
- Skip music tracks with volume buttons long press
Omega v29 Jelly Bean Changelog:
1. Windows-based PC
2. Rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. How to Root and Install ClockWorkMod Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
3. Download and install USB drivers on PC. Download Samsung USB Driver for Windows and Samsung Kies.
4. Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device.
5. Backup your personal data on phone to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
6. Make sure your phone is charged to 50% to avoid interruption during flashing. How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
Reminder: This ROM is particular customized for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 model. Please do not try on other Samsung Galaxy S3 variants.
1. We emphasize on backup of your personal data on phone to PC before any flashing of custom ROM.
2. Once the backup is done, connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 to the computer via USB cable.
3. Copy and paste the downloaded I9300_Omega_v29_XXDLJ1_Jelly_Bean.zip files to your phone internal SD card. Reminder: Place the downloaded ROM file into internal SD card root (not in any folder).
4. Turn off your phone and disconnect from USB cable.
5. Boot your phone into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up key, Home button and Power button.
6. In Recovery, always perform a full Wipe Data/Factory Reset. (Use Volume key to navigate in Recovery Mode)
7. Do Wipe Cache Partition – Select from the menu and select Yes to confirm.
8. Go to advanced and do Wipe Dalvik Cache — Select from the menu and select Yes to confirm.
9. From the main menu in Recovery, select the install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from internal sdcard, browse to folder location and select the Omega custom rom file and click Yes to install.
10. After the installation completes, go back to recovery’s main menu.
11. Select reboot system now to reboot the phone. The first boot up will take longer time than usual. Please wait patiently.
12. After reboot, Omega I9300 XXDLJ1 v29 Jelly Bean is now successfully installed in your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.