Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware is rolling out in Asia on Samsung Galaxy S3 mini GT-I8190 and yet to update for Europe version. But great news is that rooted official and custom Galaxy S3 mini GT-I8190 DXALL3 Android 4.1.2 firmware is now available for download and install. Big thanks to Faria from Xda who has performed the mod. The official and custom rooted ROM is optimized for Europe Galaxy S3 mini baseband. You can still update directly with official OTA or Samsung Kies in future on this ROM.
This ROM is compatible with all European Samsung Galaxy S3 mini GT-i8190 devices which including UK, Germany, Poland, France, Austria, Denmark and more. Check out why you need the rooted ROM before start flashing.
Benefit of Rooting
1. Full Control of Android With root access, you can alter any system files (developer level), delete annoying pre-installed stock apps (come with carrier perhaps), change Samsung boot animation (or others brand) and much more. As you can tells, you can actually alter with full access to your phone via root.
2. Backup and Restore Your Android Devices It is not a unique condition whereby your phone will getting slower and buggy after long period of usage. No matter how well you keep your phone (not installing any stuff which is not possible), it seem like the phone will still getting degraded in performance or error keep popping up. Backup the entire system to an SD card is a must so that you can restore back to the state where no errors are found. Rooting allows you to do so as with Backup App like Titanium Backup or Nandroid Backup.
3. Most Important – Install Custom Rom. The ultimate goal of rooting your Android devices is to flash custom rom. Many has complaint of the bad of stock rom and one of the best solution is to flash highly-customized rom. With the installation of custom rom, you are expecting: better battery, butter-smooth performance, customization in term of UI and applications, apply most advance and latest software and apps on older devices, faster network speed, stable network connectivity, USB OTG (On-To-Go) and many more.
It’s always risky to root your phone and be warned that a failure may brick your phone. In order to keep your phone safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
The tutorial and guide below is only compatible to Samsung Galaxy S3 mini GT-I8190 model. It will not compatible to other devices.
Check phone model – Goto Settings -> About Device -> Model Number.
- Windows-based PC
- Samsung Galaxy S3 mini GT-I8190
- Download and install USB drivers on PC. Download Samsung USB Driver for Windows and Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device.
- Backup your personal data on phone to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 50% to avoid interruption during flashing. How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
- V2 Custom Rooted Android 4.1.2 JB For Galaxy S3 mini (FARIA_I8190DXALL3_4.1.2_V2.RAR, 540.5MB) – Development Page
- V3 Official Rooted Android 4.1.2 JB For Galaxy S3 mini (I8190DXALL3_4.1.2_V3.rar, 541.7MB)- Development Page
- Extract the downloaded rar with WinRar to a folder.
- You should see final.tar.md5 and Odin.exe from downloaded.zip file.
- Now, turn off your phone.
- Entering Samsung Galaxy S3 mini Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button, followed by Volume Up button right after the screen turns on.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable.
- Launch Odin by double-clicking on Odin3.exe. Wait until an “Added” message shown at the lower-left message box of Odin user interface.
- Once your phone is recognized, click on the PDA button and select the final.tar.md5
- Make sure the Repartition option is not checked under Options & check on Auto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash final.tar.md5 on your Samsung Galaxy S3 mini. The progress can be observed via Odin User Interface.
- Once the flashing is completed, a green “PASS” message will be shown to indicate the flashing is successful.
- Disconnect your phone now and your phone shall reboot automatically.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I8190 mini has been successfully updated with rooted Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware.