How To Install CWM Touch Recovery On Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082
Below are the step-by-step instruction guides on how to install CWM touch recovery On official 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082. It will not compatible to other devices.
Take Note: You should fulfill all the pre-requisites and requirements before start. Check the details in page 1. Ensure the status of your device are compatible.
- Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Firmware CWM Touch Recovery (CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.zip | 6.22 MB) - Development Page
- Odin3 v3.04 (Odin3_v3.04.zip, 199KB).
- Ensure you have followed steps above and enable all the necessary features before proceeding.
- Download the necessary zip files into a windows-based computer.
- Extract ***Recovery***..zip and Odin3-v3.04.zip a folder.
- You should see ***.tar.md5 from ***ROM***.zip and Odin3 v3.04.exe from Odin3-v3.04.zip.
- Now, turn off your device.
- Entering device Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button, followed by Volume Up button right after the screen turns on.
- Connect your device to your computer via USB cable.
- Launch Odin by double-clicking on Odin3 v3.04.exe. Wait until an “Added” message shown at the lower-left message box of Odin user interface.
- Once your phone is recognized, click on the PDA button and select the ***.tar.md5
- Make sure the Repartition option is not checked under Options & check on Auto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash ***.tar.md5 on your device. The progress can be observed via Odin User Interface.
- Once the flashing is completed, a green “PASS” message will be shown to indicate the flashing is successful.
- Disconnect your device now and your device shall reboot automatically.
- Your device has been successfully updated with the latest official firmware.
If you are experiencing md5 hash value failure while flashing, attempt to rename “CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5 to “”CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar” (remove the .md5) and then flash it again.