I think you are now having good time with the latest Samsung Galaxy S4, amazed by its powerful performance, smooth multitasking functionality and high resolution display. With the official release of Samsung Galaxy S4 recently, the hottest topic among developers would be most probably on how to unlock, root and install custom recovery on the Galaxy S IV since this is the essential steps before flashing custom rom. You may find others tutorial on how to root Samsung Galaxy S4 but we sure this is the easiest ever. So, are you ready to install TWRP Touch Recovery on Galaxy S IV?
Samsung Galaxy S4 is a high end smartphone with 5.0 inches Super AMOLED display (441ppi), Qualcomm Quad-Core GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage and 13MP rear camera. It is running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box.
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, TheAndroidROM (TAR) are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC, Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem .
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Rooted T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 with official Jelly Bean firmware (Qualcomm Quad-Core Model only)
- Ensure you use correct device model and firmware
- Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy S4 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary. Below
- How to Completely Backup Your Non-rooted Android Devices
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- How to Backup SMS to Gmail & Restoration on Android Device
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup. (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device. (2.3+ and 4.0+)
- You need additional step to enable USB debugging for Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and above. How To Enable Developer Options On Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial .How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
Reminder: Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- You do not even need to download any files.
How To Install TWRP Touch Recovery on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4
Below are the step-by-step instruction guides on how to install TWRP Touch Recovery on rooted T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4. It will not compatible to other devices.
Take Note:You should fulfill all the pre-requisites and requirements before start. Check the details in page 1.
- Go to Google Play Store, download and install GooManager on your phone.
- Open GooManager on your phone. You will be requested to provide root permissions for GooManager.
- Press Menu and then Install OpenRecovery
- The installation will start and wait until installation completes.
- Now, TWRP Touch Recovery will be installed in your Samsung Galaxy S IV