Looking for some improvement in performance and stability as well as speed for your Nexus 10? Yes, I wondering if Android 4.2 stock firmware is good enough to suit your demand. If you are looking forward something great from your Nexus 10, here is the right place for you to start preparation. We presume the custom rom for Nexus 10 to be released very soon, mostly from XDA forums as usual.
To prepare your device to install custom rom, you need to unlock the bootloader, root and install ClockWorkMod recovery (CWM) on your device. Here is the tutorial of rooting and install CWM, please read through the tutorial and follow each step as told.
It’s always risky to root your phone/tablet and be warned that a failure may brick your phone/tablet. In order to keep your phone/tablet safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
The tutorial and guide below is only compatible to Google Nexus 10 model. It will not compatible to other devices.
Check phone model - Goto Settings -> About Device -> Model Number
1. Windows-based PC
3. Download and install USB drivers on PC. Download Samsung USB Driver for Windows
4. Enable Developer Options on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. How To Enable Developer Options On Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
5. Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device.
6. Backup your personal data on phone/tablet to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
7. Make sure your phone/tablet is charged to 50% to avoid interruption during flashing. How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
1. Fastboot (Fastboot.zip, 253KB)
3. ClockWorkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11 for Google Nexus 10 (recovery-clockwork-touch-18.104.22.168-manta-Wfix-by-damien667.img, 6.2MB)
1. Make sure you have follow steps above and enable all the necessary features before start.
2. With all the necessary files downloaded, extract Fastboot.zip into a folder on c:drive and renamed it to Fastboot.
3. Copy recovery-clockwork-touch-22.214.171.124-manta-Wfix-by-damien667.img in extracted folder in Step 2.
4. Connect Nexus 10 to Windows PC via USB cable (with all USB drivers installed)
5. Transfer the CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip into your device’s root directory.
6. Power off and reboot Nexus 10 into fastboot mode by pressing and hold Power button and Volume Down together.
7. Connect again Nexus 10 to the computer.
6. Now, open up Command Prompt windows (To Open Command Prompt –> Windows Logo–> Type CMD in search box –> Enter)
7. Type cd C:\Fastboot in Command Prompt and followed by Enter.
8. Type fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-126.96.36.199-manta-Wfix-by-damien667.img and press Enter.
9. Type fastboot reboot to reboot your device.
10. Power off your device. Boot into Fastboot mode again. Navigate to Recovery mode by pressing twice the Volume Down and followed by Power button.
11. In Recovery mode, touch “Install from SD Card”.
12. Select CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip that was transfered to your device’s storage as in Step 5.
13. After the installation completes, go back to recovery’s main menu.
14. Select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
15. Download root checker from Google Play to check your root status.
Enjoy your rooted Nexus 10 and custom CWM Recovery.