Yup, after getting the OTA update to the latest android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Note 2, it is time to have some fun with root access. This tutorial guide you how to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with latest Jelly Bean XXDMA6 firmware. This rooting method below is compatible to all Galaxy Note 2 N7100 model with XXDMA6 jelly bean firmware.
It’s always risky to modify your phone and be warned that a failure may brick your phone. In order to keep your phone safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device. By doing this, your device warranty may void.
The tutorial and guide below is only compatible to Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 model. It will not compatible to other devices.
Check phone model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number
- Windows-based PC
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7105 LTE.
- Download and install USB drivers on PC. Download Samsung USB Driver for Windows and Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device.
- Backup your personal data on phone to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 50% to avoid interruption during flashing. How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
- 1. Odin3-v1.85 (Odin3-v1.85.zip, 203KB)
- 2. CF-Auto-Root by Chainfire (CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.zip, 13 MB)
- Extract ***.zip and Odin-v1.85.zip a folder.
- You should see ***.tar from ***.zip and Odin3 v1.85.exe from Odin-v1.85.zip.
If you see recovery.img and cache.img, you’ve extracted twice. Try re-extract it with winrar.
- Now, turn off your phone.
- Entering Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button, followed by Volume Up button right after the screen turns on.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable.
- Launch Odin by double-clicking on Odin3 v1.85.exe Wait until an “Added” message shown at the lower-left message box of Odin user interface.
- Once your phone is recognized, click on the PDA button and select the ***.tar.
- Make sure the Repartition option is not checked under Options & check on Auto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash ***.tar on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2. The progress can be observed via Odin User Interface.
- Once the flashing is completed, a green “PASS” message will be shown to indicate the flashing is successful.
- Disconnect your phone now and your phone shall reboot automatically. The rooting will continue to install SuperSU and your phone shall reboot again into normal mode after the rooting is successful.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 has been successfully rooted and with Stock Recovery installed.
Sometimes the device does *not* boot into recovery mode and root your device. Just do the entire procedure again if this happens. If it still will not install root and such, make sure that in Odin “Auto Reboot” is not checked. Then after flashing, pull the battery, and boot with VolUp+Home+Power button to boot into recovery manually. This will start the install process.