We got the how to root LG Optimus G Pro guide available today. LG Optimus G Pro was released back in April 2013, not long ago in Korea at first. Finally, LG Optimus G Pro tasted root on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, stock firmware out of the box. With root access, you can install Custom Recovery (ClockWorkMod CWM or TeamWin TWRP), custom ROM, custom kernel, img, zip files and so on. You can make any modification with your own preference. The first root is now tested on the Korea version LG Optimus G Pro F240k model. Check out the how to root LG Optimus G Pro guide after the break.
LG Optimus G Pro is equipped with the latest Qualcomm Quad core 1.7GHz Snapdragon 600 with GPU Adreno 320. It has 2GB RAM and internal 32GB space, an additional 64GB SD card slot. LG Optimus G Pro has a 5.5 inch True Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS plus display with around 441 ppi pixel density. It has also an removable battery with NFC. It comes with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean as stock operating system firmware. In overall, it is now one of the most popular phablet phone in the market besides Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Before start, you may interested to know why should you root LG Optimus G Pro, check out the benefits of root here. Ok, after all, if you have an LG Optimus G Pro on hand, let’s begin the root tutorial. Enjoy the show.
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, TheAndroidROM (TAR) are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC, Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- LG Optimus G Pro F240k model with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean stock firmware
- Ensure you use correct device model and firmware
- Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download LG Optimus G Pro USB driver For Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Your Non-rooted Android Devices
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device(Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- How to Backup SMS to Gmail & Restoration on Android Device
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup. (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device. (2.3+ and 4.0+)
- You need additional step to enable USB debugging for Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and above. How To Enable Developer Options On Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial. How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
Reminder: Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
LG Optimus G Pro Root (LG Optimus G Root TAR.zip, 1.5MB)
How To Root LG Optimus G Pro Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Firstly, ensure your computer has necessary and complete USB driver installation. If you have installed LG PC Suite initially in your computer, you should have the necessary USB driver by default.
- Make sure you have enable USB debugging as mentioned in the pre-requisites section.
- While device is powered on, connect device to computer with USB cable.
- Download the necessary zip file above into your computer.
- Extract the zip file into a single folder.
- Run Root.bat file.
- Now you should see the command prompt.
- Follow the command prompt instruction to proceed.
- Your device will be rebooted.
- Your device should be now successfully rooted.
- Download Root Checker from Google Play Store to check your root status.
- If your device is successfully rooted, you should see ROOTED status in Root Checker
- Or you should see the SuperUser app installed in the device.
- If you failed to root the device, you are advised to repeat all steps above with all the pre-requsites and requirements met.
Like this post if it works for you!!! Thanks.