There was a time where I am quite impressed by Motorola phone. As more and more smartphone emerged in the market, Motorola was no longer a competitive phone manufacturer with its conventional phone design. But this is only the fact to be true back then since Motorola has released its latest Motorola Razr i and Motorola Razr Maxx HD.
Elegant design with powerful hardware configuration be sure to attract the attention of consumer once again. Nevertheless, it’s so true that stock rom could never optimize the hardware configuration. In order to fully utilize it, installing custom rom is an alternative method to accomplish the goal.
As for this moment, unfortunately there are no custom rom available but we strongly believe it will be available soon. In order to have a custom rom installed, you may need to unlock the bootloader for your device as well as to root it. Here we have prepared the complete step-by-step guide for you. Remember to read through every single step carefully.
It’s always risky to root your phone and be warned that a failure may brick your phone. In order to keep your phone safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
1. Windows-based PC
2. Motorola Razr i
3. Download and install USB drivers on PC. Download Motorola USB Driver for Windows.
4. Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device.
5. Backup your personal data on phone to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
6. Make sure your phone is charged to 50% to avoid interruption during flashing. How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
1. Razr i Root Windows (Razri_Root_Windows.zip, 17.4MB)
1. Before you starts, ensure that your Motorola Razr i bootloader has been unlocked. How to Unlock Motorola Razr i Bootloader.
2. Extract Razri_Root_Windows.zip file into a folder, renamed the folder to Razri Root Windows.
3. Now, connect your device to the computer via USB cable.
4. From your computer, access to the folder in Step 2.
5. Double click on “adb“, followed by “fastboot” and lastly “RunThisToRoot“.
6. A new windows will pop-out once “RunThisToRoot” was clicked.
7. Press any key to continue twice and wait for the code to run.
8. Wait for approximately 3-4 minutes and you shall see the word “Done!” on the pop-up windows.
9. Then, simply press any key to continue.
10. Disconnect your device from the computer.
Your Motorola Razr i has been successfully rooted.