Finally Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 receive the official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update. The firmware version is I9070XXLPY whereby this firmware is released for Russian. We believe the OTA update will be available soon for other region if no issue from the release in Russian. For Russian users who already updated to Jelly Bean, here is the root guide released by Shaaan, XDA Recognized Contributor which enable the root of Galaxy S Advance running latest JB version.
Benefit of Rooting
By rooting your phone/tablet, you can actually perform better management of your phone. However, many are afraid of rooting since bricking of your devices will still occur if you are not follow the guide exactly. To swap away your fear of rooting, we will listed down the benefits of rooting your Android devices:
1. Full Control of Android With root access, you can alter any system files (developer level), delete annoying pre-installed stock apps (come with carrier perhaps), change Samsung boot animation (or others brand) and much more. As you can tells, you can actually alter with full access to your phone via root.
2. Backup and Restore Your Android Devices It is not a unique condition whereby your phone will getting slower and buggy after long period of usage. No matter how well you keep your phone (not installing any stuff which is not possible), it seem like the phone will still getting degraded in performance or error keep popping up. Backup the entire system to an SD card is a must so that you can restore back to the state where no errors are found. Rooting allows you to do so as with Backup App like Titanium Backup or Nandroid Backup.
3. Most Important – Install Custom Rom The ultimate goal of rooting your Android devices is to flash custom rom. Many has complaint of the bad of stock rom and one of the best solution is to flash highly-customized rom. With the installation of custom rom, you are expecting: better battery, butter-smooth performance, customization in term of UI and applications, apply most advance and latest software and apps on older devices, faster network speed, stable network connectivity, USB OTG (On-To-Go) and many more.
It’s always risky to root your phone and be warned that a failure may brick your phone. In order to keep your phone safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
The tutorial and guide below is only compatible to Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 model. It will not compatible to other devices. Check phone model - Goto Settings -> About Device -> Model Number.
- Windows-based PC
- Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 with latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware.
- Download and install USB drivers on PC. Download Samsung USB Driver for Windows
- Enable Developer Options on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. How To Enable Developer Options On Android 4.2 Jelly Bean (Optional – Only applicable for Android 4.2 and above)
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device.
- Backup your personal data on phone to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 50% to avoid interruption during flashing. How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
- After you downloaded the root package, connect Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 to PC with micro USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded root.zip into root of external SD card in Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070.
- Once the transfer completed, disconnect USB from computer and turn off your device.
- Now, press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons to enter Stock Recovery Mode.
- Navigate with your Volume up and down button and select apply update from external storage.
- Locate the root.zip in the external SD card.
- Press the Power button to confirm.
- Select Reboot System Now after flashing.
Your Galaxy S Advance should have rooted.