Great great news for Sony Xperia T users who are just lately receive Jelly Bean update from Sony and Google. The tutorial here is to guide you how to root your hot Sony Xperia T after the Jelly Bean update. The root method below is to root Sony Xperia T Official JellyBean FW 9.1.A.0.489. If you yet to receive the OTA Jelly Bean update, follow our guide to upgrade it manually.
It’s always risky to modify your phone and be warned that a failure may brick your phone. In order to keep your phone safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device. By doing this, your device warranty may void.
The tutorial and guide below is only compatible to Sony Xperia T LT30p model. It will not compatible to other devices.
Check phone model – Goto Settings -> About Device -> Model Number
- Windows-based PC
- Sony Xperia T LT30p with Jelly Bean FW 9.1.A.0.489.
- Download and install USB drivers on PC. Download Sony Driver for Windows
- Setup ADB & Fastboot Driver. How To Setup ADB & Fastboot Driver with Android SDK
- Enable Developer Options on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. How To Enable Developer Options On Android 4.2 Jelly Bean (Optional – Only applicable for Android 4.2 and above)
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device.
- Backup your personal data on phone to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 50% to avoid interruption during flashing.How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
- Super SU (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.04.zip, 1MB)
- DooMLoRD’s Kernel (LT30p-JB_Alpha-DooMLoRD-AdvStk-1.elf, 9.34MB) – Development Page
- Stock Kernel 9.1.A.0.489 from dogsly.ftf (LT30 Xperia_T_stock_KERNEL_9.1.A.0.489_dogsly.ftf, 6.5MB)
- Sony Flash Tool (Flash_tool_for_Xperia_2.zip, 61.6MB)
- Make sure you have follow steps above and enable all the necessary features before start.
- Unlock Sony Xperia T bootloader. How To Unlock Sony Xperia T Bootloader.
- Copy and paste the SuperSU zip into SD Card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Enter phone fastboot mode by press and hold the Volume Up button, at the same time plug in the micro USB cable which already connected with PC.
- Copy adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll C:\\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools and fastboot.exe in C:\\android-sdk-windows\tools to C:\fastboot
- Rename the downloaded ***.elf*** to kernel.elf.
- Copy the renamed kernel.elf into the C:\fastboot folder
- Goto Windows Start Menu –> type Cmd in Run.
- Locate to C:\fastboot by using CD fastboot command.
- Type fastboot flash boot kernel.elf into the cmd prompt.
- Once kernel flashing is completed, reboot into recovery mode (Press and hold Volume Up button during power on).
- In Recovery menu, you are always recommended to perform a full Wipe Data/Factory Reset to avoid crashing and ROM compatibility issue.
- Do Wipe Cache Partition – Select from the menu and select Yes to confirm.
- Go to advanced and do Wipe Dalvik Cache — Select from the menu and select Yes to confirm.
- From the main menu in Recovery, select the install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from internal sdcard, browse to folder location and select the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.04.zip and click Yes to install.
- Back to main menu in Recovery, select the reboot system now.
- In PC, extract the Flash_tool_for_Xperia_2.zip and you should see Emma_Setup.exe. Double click on Emma_setup.exe and complete the initial installation on the Sony Flash Tool.
- Open and login to Emma from the Start menu of your computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Connect your phone to the USB cable while holding the flash key (Volume down). The flash key varies between models. For a complete key mapping, see the supported phones page.
- Ensure your device is connected to Emma in computer.
- Select the software LT30 Xperia_T_stock_KERNEL_9.1.A.0.489_dogsly.ftf you want to flash in the Service list. The tool automatically detects the phone model and lists available software versions, which are called Services in this flash tool.
- Click on Apply Service. The phone will now be flashed.
- When you have flashed your device, you can disconnect your phone from the computer. The first time you start your device after you have flashed it, the boot-up might take a little longer than normal.
- Download root checker and check your root status.
- You should now get the rooted Sony Xperia T on Jelly Bean firmware.