LG Optimus L9 is receiving the official Jelly Bean update recently. The update package is available via OTA which is 350MB in size. The Jelly Bean update brings the usual improvements like Google Now, Project Butter, expandable notification panels and bug fixes. Some of you may not satisfy as what LG provided to you but to seek for better enhancement on your LG Optimus L9. Rooting your phone is an alternative way to achieve the target. Here we prepare the complete guide on how to unlock bootloader for LG Optimus L9.
LG Optimus L9 is a mid range smartphone with 4.7 inches IPS LCD display (234ppi), dual-core 1.0GHz Cortex-A9 processor, 1GB RAM, 4GB internal storage and 5MP rear camera. It is running Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box and upgradable to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, TheAndroidROM (TAR) are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC, Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem .
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- LG Optimus L9 P760,P768,P769 with official Jelly Bean firmware (non-rooted)
- Ensure you use correct device model and firmware
- Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download LG Optimus L9 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary. Below
- How to Completely Backup Your Non-rooted Android Devices
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- How to Backup SMS to Gmail & Restoration on Android Device
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup. (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device. (2.3+ and 4.0+)
- You need additional step to enable USB debugging for Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and above. How To Enable Developer Options On Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial .How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
Reminder: Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Rom toolkit 1.3 (rom_toolkit_1.3-ENG.exe, 12.47MB)
How To Unlock Bootloader for LG Optimus L9
Below are the step-by-step instruction guides on how to unlock bootloader for LG Optimus L9. It will not compatible to other devices.
Take Note:You should fulfill all the pre-requisites and requirements before start. Check the details in page 1.
- Connect your phone to PC with LG software turned on.
- Install rom toolkit by double click the downloaded rom toolkit exe file.
- Execute the rom toolkit
- On the prompt-out Windows, type 2 to unlock bootloader.
- Your phone will be reboot into LG mode, press Volume Up to unlock bootloader.
- Your LG Optimus L9 is now unlocked bootloader.
- Follow our guide to install custom recovery.