In order to have a custom rom installed, you may need to firstly unlock the bootloader for your Motorola Droid Razr HD device as well as to root it. More custom ROM will be posted here for Motorola Droid Razr HD as we think it is a very potential device for ROM development. Here we have prepared the complete step-by-step guide for you. Remember to read through every single step carefully.
It’s always risky to root your phone and be warned that a failure may brick your phone. In order to keep your phone safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
- Windows-based PC
- Motorola Droid Razr HD
- Download and install USB drivers on PC. Download Motorola USB Driver for Windows.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device.
- Backup your personal data on phone to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 50% to avoid interruption during flashing. How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
1. Android SDK for Windows (installer_r20.0.3-windows.exe, 67.2MB)
- Before you start to unlock your device, you are advised to read through Overview and Warnings in Motorola’s Unlock My Device page.
- In order to unlock your Motorola device’s bootloader, you may need to registeran account on MotoCast.
- Now, install the Android SDK and Motorola USB Drivers by double click on the exe. file.
- Enter the fastboot mode by press and hold Power button and Volume Down button.
- Connect your phone to the computer via USB cable.
- At your computer, open up Command Prompt windows. (To Open Command Prompt –> Windows Logo–> Type CMD in search box –> Enter)
- Go to Directory where you installed Android SDK tools (you are asked where to install during setup) in Command Prompt and followed by fastboot oem get_unlock_data.
- You should now receive a character string. For example,
- fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- Combine the character string that you obtained into one single string without (bootloader). For example, 0A40040192024205#4C4D355631323030373731363031303332323239#BD008A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F951A3E5#1F532800020000000000000000000000
- Copy and paste the Device ID string into Motorola’s Unlock My Device page.
- Click on the Can my device be unlocked? button.
- Once your Device ID is identified, a Request Unlock Key button will appear.
- Click on YES after you read through the agreement and accept the terms.
- You will receive an email with the Unlock Key attached.
- Now, type fastboot oem unlock Unlock Key in the Command Prompt. Replace Unlock Key with the key you received in the email.
- After your device is successfully unlocked, it will reboot automatically.
- The screen below shall show up after reboot.
Your Motorola Droid Razr HD bootloader has been successfully unlocked.