XXDLK7 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware is now available for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 international version. This is official update from Samsung on Galaxy Note 2 model after Android 4.1.2 rolling out for Samsung Galaxy S3. XXDLK7 start rolling out in Europe region and you could flash this ROM in any of your international Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 model.
Below is the complete tutorial and the new features details about N7100XXDLK7. I hope you really enjoy updating your Galaxy Note 2 to the latest official firmware.
New Features on N7100XXDLK7 Official Firmware On Samsung Galaxy Note 2
- New Additions in Notification Toggles
- Notification Panel can now be customized
- Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled
- Multi-View Can now be disabled
- Browser Is Smoother Then Before
- Status Bar has been changed from Grey to Black
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- New Ink Effect On Lockscreen
- New Group Cast Application
It’s always risky to root your device and be warned that a failure may brick your device. In order to keep your device safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
The tutorial and guide below is only compatible to Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 model. It will not compatible to other devices.
Check phone model – Goto Settings -> About Device -> Model Number.
- Windows-based PC
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
- Download and install USB drivers on PC. Download Samsung USB Driver for Windows and Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device.
- Backup your personal data on phone to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 50% to avoid interruption during flashing.How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
2. Odin3-v1.85 (Odin3-v1.85.zip, 203KB)
Instructions: (From Stock ROM)
- Extract N7100XXDLK7_N7100PRTDLK5_PRT.zip and Odin-v1.85.zip a folder.
- You should see N7100XXDLK7_N7100PRTDLK5_PRT.tar.md5 from N7100XXDLK7_N7100PRTDLK5_PRT.zip and Odin3 v1.85.exe from Odin-v1.85.zip.
- Now, turn off your phone.
- Entering Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button, followed by Volume Up button right after the screen turns on.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable.
- Launch Odin by double-clicking on Odin3 v1.85.exe. Wait until an “Added” message shown at the lower-left message box of Odin user interface.
- Once your phone is recognized, click on the PDA button and select the N7100XXDLK7_N7100PRTDLK5_PRT.tar.md5
- Make sure the Repartition option is not checked under Options & check on Auto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash N7100XXDLK7_N7100PRTDLK5_PRT.tar.md5 on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2. The progress can be observed via Odin User Interface.
- Once the flashing is completed, a green “PASS” message will be shown to indicate the flashing is successful.
- Disconnect your phone now and your phone shall reboot automatically.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 has been successfully updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware. Enjoy the new features.
In case the first boot up take longer than normal or stuck at Samsung logo, press and hold Power button for 5-8 second for the system to reboot. If the problem have not resolved, boot into recovery and wipe cache and reboot again.