Getting the ADB and Fastboot USB driver into Windows PC is very first step to start the root and ROM installation step. All the Google Nexus devices should have the USB driver when you install the Google ADK package. However, it doenst mention about Nexus 7 USB driver in their official website. We found two way you could install ABD and fast boot USB driver for Nexus 7.
The very first method was install the ADB and Fastboot driver from the Google Nexus 7 Toolkit from Xda. The installation is easy and simple where you could get all the drivers installed in PC with one click. Second is USB driver from Asus official website. Head to over detail installation guide below.
It’s always risky to root your phone and be warned that a failure may brick your phone. In order to keep your phone safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
1. Windows-based PC
2. Asus Nexus 7 USB driver ( Nexus Driver from Asus | 8.5MB )
How To Install ADB and Fastboot USB Driver For Nexus 7 via Google Nexus 7 Toolkit
1. Google Nexus 7 Toolkit is in executable format, execute and proceed installation.
2. Press 1 and enter to install Google Nexus 7 Drivers on your PC.
3. Press 2 and enter if you install in Windows 7 | Press 1 if install in Windows XP and Vista.
4. Press 1 and enter to install drivers to your PC.
5. Press install anyway if you see Windows Warning Promtp
6. Connect Nexus 7 to PC now via USB cable.
7. You should see Windows detected Nexus 7 and proceed driver installation.
8. If you see no response from PC, restart PC and re-connect your Nexus 7.
9. Open the Google Nexus 7 Toolkit again and check the Main Menu and you should see serial number appear on the menu if installation is successful.
Install Nexus 7 USB Driver From Asus
1. Goto Asus home page and download the zipped Asus Nexus 7 USB Driver. You have to install the Asus installer for very first time.
2. Install the Asus Installer.
3. Once installation is complete on Asus installer, Google Nexus 7 ru08.exe installer should appear for download.
4. Download it and install into PC.
5. Reboot your PC and try to connect your Nexus 7 now.
7. Upon connection, driver will be install successfully in Windows.