It have been awhile since the root and bootloader unlock method were shared to you in The Android Rom. Now, we come back again to bring you the ClockWorkMod Recovery installation guide. Unofficial Android development of Motorola Razr i is comparably slow but yet it is not too late to have everything ready before the first custom rom is introduced.
In order to have a custom rom installed, you may need to unlock the bootloader for your device, root it and with CWM installed. Here we have prepared the complete step-by-step guide for you. Remember to read through every single step carefully.
It’s always risky to root your phone and be warned that a failure may brick your phone. In order to keep your phone safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
1. Windows-based PC
3. Download and install USB drivers on PC. Download Motorola USB Driver for Windows.
4. Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device.
5. Backup your personal data on phone to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
6. Make sure your phone is charged to 50% to avoid interruption during flashing. How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
1. Android SDK for Windows (installer_r20.0.3-windows.exe, 67.2MB)
2. Fastboot (Fastboot.zip, 259KB)
3. CWM Recovery (recovery-razri-try9touch.img, 6.8MB)
1. Now, install the Android SDK and Motorola USB Drivers by double click on the exe. file. Skip this step if it have been done during bootloader unlock.
2. Extract Fastboot.zip into a new folder, renamed the folder to Fastboot. Recommended to extract the folder to drive C.
3. Copy and paste recovery-razri-try9touch.img file into Fastboot folder in Step 2.
4. Then, turn off your Razr i. Boot into Boot Mode Selection Menu by press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power Button.
5. Navigate to AP Fastboot using Volume Down, and select it using Power Button.
6. Now, connect your Razr i to the computer via USB cable.
7. At your computer, open up Command Prompt windows.
(To Open Command Prompt –> Windows Logo–> Type CMD in search box –> Enter)
8. Type cd C:\Fastboot in the Command Prompt. Make sure the Fastboot folder is located at drive C as described in Step 2.
9. Then, type fastboot flash recovery recovery-razri-try9touch.img.
10. After the flashing process completed, type fastboot reboot-bootloader. You will be direct to Boot Mode Selection Menu.
11. Scroll down and select Recovery to reboot into ClockWorkMod recovery.
Your Motorola Razr i has been successfully installed with ClockWorkMod Recovery.