CyanongenMod is one of the best and lightest custom ROM for many android devices. We love it on the impressive fast and stunning response. CM10 stable version custom ROM based on Android 4.1.2 is now available for Samsung Galaxy S2 T-Mobile version which has been released on a week back, 13th Nov 2012. As usual, with Cyanongen custom firmware, you can feel the pure android 4.1.2 stock firmware without TouchWiz. It is highly recommended to flash CM10 especially stable version is released.
CM10 final stable version on Galaxy S2 T-Mobile has lots features added with Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean. For instance, photosphere is one of the included feature in the 4.1.2 CM10 stable version.
We are pleased to share with you the complete tutorial on how to install CM10 android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean stable version on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989. Kindly follow tutorial below step by step to avoid unnecessary problems occur during flashing.
It’s always risky to root your phone and be warned that a failure may brick your phone. In order to keep your phone safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
The tutorial and guide below is only compatible to T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH T989 model. It will not compatible to other devices.
Check phone model - Goto Settings -> About Device -> Model Number
Check the Take Note at the end of the post for more info.
1. Windows-based PC
2. Rooted T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH T989. [How To Root T-Moble SGS2]
3. Download and install USB drivers on PC. Download Samsung USB Driver for Windows and Samsung Kies.
4. Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device.
5. Backup your personal data on phone to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
6. Make sure your phone is charged to 50% to avoid interruption during flashing. How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
2. Gapps JB 4.1.2 (gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip, 88.4MB)
1. We emphasize on backup of your personal data on phone to PC before any flashing of custom ROM.
2. Once the backup is done, connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 to the computer via USB cable.
3. Copy and paste the downloaded cm-10.0.0-hercules.zip and gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip files to your phone internal SD card. Reminder: Place the downloaded ROM file into internal SD card root (not in any folder).
4. Turn off your phone and disconnect from USB cable.
5. Boot your phone into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up key, Home button and Power button.
6. In Recovery, always perform a full Wipe Data/Factory Reset. (Use Volume key to navigate in Recovery Mode) -
7. Do Wipe Cache Partition – Select from the menu and select Yes to confirm.
8. Go to advanced and do Wipe Dalvik Cache — Select from the menu and select Yes to confirm.
9. From the main menu in Recovery, select the install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from internal sdcard, browse to folder location and select the CM10 custom rom zip file and click Yes to install.
10. Repeat Step 9 with selecting Gapps JB files to install.
11. After the installation completes, go back to recovery’s main menu.
12. Select reboot system now to reboot the phone. The first boot up will take longer time than usual. Please wait patiently.
13. After reboot, CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is now successfully installed in your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989.
You need to do a full wipe unless you’re on a recent CM10 nightly already. If you are not using latest TWRP I HIGHLY recommend using CWM 126.96.36.199 after that version, Darkside wipe scripts throw most ROMs into a bootloop. You can get it here: http://db.tt/IAwaFQNx If using TWRP don’t use Darkside wipe scripts, just clear cache/dalvik/factory reset. It’s not recommended to run Darkside scripts on TWRP.