Samsung Galaxy Note has been updated to Official Ice Cream Sandwich firmware coded as XXLPY. Tool to root and install CWM recovery also reveled in just short period. Official firmware update could be obtained from Samsung Kies officially. ICS firmware makes Galaxy Note N7000 works even more smoother and faster. ICS update is one big step for android to bring tablet and smartphone in one piece of firmware. The overhaul UI in ICS is attractive and more efficient. Thanks Google for the great update on Galaxy Note N7000.
Let check out the complete tutorial on how to root and install ClockWorkMod Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000. Do see the requirements before starts.
Bricked Galaxy Note were happened due to buggy coding on the tool and we have found you the most reliable and safe toolkit to perform task below.
It’s always risky to root your phone and be warned that a failure may brick your phone. In order to keep your phone safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
1. Windows-based PC
2. Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 with ICS stock rom and non-rooted.
3. Download and install USB drivers on PC. Download Samsung USB Driver for Windows and Samsung Kies. (Download the latest Samsung Kies as it has been updated lately)
4. Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device.
5. Backup your personal data on phone to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
6. Make sure your phone is charged to 50% to avoid interruption during flashing. How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
Please refer to original development page to download the correct recovery zip package according to the PSA of your device.
To check PSA, type *#1234# on your phone dialer. i.e N7000DXLR5.
For example, if your PDA is N7000DXLR5, you should find and download PhilZ-cwm6-DXLR5-OLB-v2.5 zip file from the development page.
1. After you downloaded the correct recovery zip package, connect Galaxy Note GT-N7000 to PC with micro USB cable.
2. Copy the downloaded PhilZ-cwm6-XXXXX-XXX-X.X-signed.zip into external SD card of Galaxy Note.
3. Once the transfer completed, disconnect USB from computer and turn off your Galaxy Note.
4. Now, press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons to enter Stock Recovery Mode.
5. Navigate with your Volume up and down button and select apply update from external storage.
6. Locate the PhilZ-cwm6-XXXXX-XXX-X.X-signed.zip in the external SD card.
7. Press the Power button to confirm.
8. Select Reboot System Now after flashing.
Your Galaxy Note should have rooted and with ClockWorkMod Recovery installed.