Rooted and deodexed Stock JOP40D Jelly Bean 4.2.1 firmware is now available for Nexus 4. Deodexed ROM is not a official ROM from Google but has been modified by android developers. With the pre-rooted and deodexed ROM, you can do more on the Nexus 4 on customization in term of the system OS. This deodexed jelly bean ROM is based on the latest Google Jelly Bean 4.2.1 which fixed the December Bug.
The original Nexus 4 came with odexed ROM but what is Odex and Deodex? To understand the differences between Odex and Deodex, head to this detail post to know more. Back to the topic of this ROM, the deodexed ROM below has been included the Jelly Bean Gapps. Thus, you do not need to install the Gapss separately from the stock ROM. Besides that, after the flash, you will remain having rooted stock ROM, stock kernel with CWM/TWRP recovery.
It’s always risky to root your phone and be warned that a failure may brick your phone. In order to keep your phone safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
The tutorial and guide below is only compatible to LG Nexus 4 model. It will not compatible to other devices.
Check phone model - Goto Settings -> About Device -> Model Number
1. Windows-based PC
2. Rooted and with CWM/TWRP Recovery on LG Nexus 4. How To Root and Install ClockWorkMod Recovery On LG Nexus 4
3. Download and install USB drivers on PC. Download LG USB Driver for Windows
4. Enable Developer Options on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. How To Enable Developer Options On Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
5. Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device.
6. Backup your personal data on phone to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
7. Make sure your phone is charged to 50% to avoid interruption during flashing. How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
1. Make sure you have follow steps above and enable all the necessary features before start.
2. Connect your LG Nexus 4 to the computer via USB cable.
3. Copy and paste the downloaded mako_4.2.1_Deodexed.zip and to your phone internal SD card. Reminder: Place the downloaded ROM file into internal SD card root (not in any folder).
4. Turn off your phone and disconnect from USB cable.
5. Press and hold the Power + Volume Up and press volume down twice to select recovery option to enter CWM Recovery.
6. In Recovery, always perform a full Wipe Data/Factory Reset. (Use Volume key to navigate in Recovery Mode). Skip this if you do not wish to wiper your data. Data will remain in device.
7. Do Wipe Cache Partition – Select from the menu and select Yes to confirm.
8. Go to advanced and do Wipe Dalvik Cache — Select from the menu and select Yes to confirm.
9. From the main menu in Recovery, select the install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from internal sdcard, browse to folder location and select the mako_4.2.1_Deodexed.zip and click Yes to install.
10. After the installation completes, go back to recovery’s main menu.
11. Select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
12. Download root checker from Google Play to check your root status.
Enjoy the rooted and deoexed stock ROM on Nexus 4. It is powerful to increase overall performance on your Nexus 4 with addition tweaking on the android OS.