Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMC8 official firmware for Europe Samsung Grand Duos I9802 is now available. The XXAMC8 Jelly Bean official firmware is now available for download from Samsung Kies or via Samsunng OTA (Over the Air) update. The 5 inch Samsung Galaxy Grand with the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean brings gorgeously smooth performance. Android 4.1.2 is start rolling out for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 in several countries, Portugal is one of them. Check out the manual update tutorial after the break.
As you read through, we have prepared the step-by-step guide to manually update 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 with complete steps. Before the tutorial starts, it is advisable to read through all the tips below to have you prepared for the flash process later. A good preparation on your phone and PC ensure the safe flashing and avoid any damage to your phone. Please also be reminded to backup all your data including contacts, messages, video, photos etc as given below because these data will be wiped during this tutorial. It helps to restore to original condition in case any problem appears during/after the flash. Let’s get into the tutorial now.
Take Note: It’s always a risk to modify your devices and be warned that a failure may cause resolvable or unresolvable brick to your devices. We are not responsible for any damage to your devices. With the modification being applied, your devices warranty may void. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions.
Take note: The tutorial and guides below is only compatible to Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 model. It will not compatible to other devices. Take your own risk if you attempt to apply it for different variant of models. Always check your device model carefully before start.
Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number
Pre-requisites & Important Tips (First Timer Must Read)
As a beginner or first timer, we fully understand your worries and concerns in risk of bricking your devices due to improper modification handling, such as flash custom ROMs, kernels, official firmware with correct tools. Thus, we are here to guide you on how to successfully install custom rom, kernel, or root with very details steps to minimize the risk. These steps meant to avoid you from mistakenly perform improper handling on your devices during the installation or modification process.
Take Note: Ensure you have prepared, installed and downloaded all essential tools and files before start. In general, we have listed down the basic knowledge and preparation that the first timer should ever learnt before any modification on your devices. Please read through the steps carefully and follow exactly each steps before you move forward.
1. Essential USB driver– To enable communication between your android devices and Windows. File transfer between computer and mobile devices is a must to have for ROM zip file and Google Application Package.
2. Backup- It is advisable to have your important data backed up in case you may need to restore when anything goes wrong during the flash process. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings. How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device
- Backup SMS to Gmail. How to Backup SMS to Gmail & Restoration on Android Device
- Complete Backup for non-rooted devices. How to Completely Backup Your Non-rooted Android Devices
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Nandroid (Advance). How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup.
As alternative backup method, you need to manually synchronize or transfer your files with the respective official file managers.
3. Setup ADB & Fastboot Driver- Android Debug Bridge (adb) is a versatile command line tool that lets you communicate with connected Android-powered device. You must have both ABD & Fastboot to be installed to proceed further on the installation and flashing process.
4. Enable USB Debugging mode- As you are going to modify your devices, you may need to communicate, command and control the device via computer. Enabling USB debugging mode is to allow the devices to receive command from computer to perform the task.
In Android 4.2+ version, you need to activate Developer Options before you can enable USB Debugging Mode.
5. Battery Level– Battery level is critically important to ensure your devices are survived during the entire installation and modification process. During any installation or flashing process, higher battery flow could occurs. To avoid any unnecessary interruption due to battery level, we strongly recommend you to charge your device up to 50%. Do remember an unexpected shutdown during flashing might result in a bricked device.
6. MicroUSB cable – Mostly of the time you will need a microUSB cable for data transfer between computer and your device. Prepare one for it before proceeding.
Additional General Knowledge (First Timer Should Read)
We wish to comfort and gain your confident level to proceed further especially for beginner and first timer. As a summary, you should know essential general knowledge on what you going to execute in minutes later. We, TAR (TheAndroidRom) recommend some articles below for your references and information.
Benefits of Rooting and Custom ROM
Conventional Android users may just wondering the meaning of root, the benefit of rooting and the risk of root. These kind of question and enquiry just stop you from exploring more on the true purpose of root as well as its benefits. Nevertheless, we will have answered all your enquiry regarding to root and custom rom and give a brief explanation under this section. In order to have complete understanding of root, you may head over to our Benefits of Root page.
- Full Control of Android With root access
- Better Backup and Restore Methods.
- Improved Battery Life
- Heavy customization theme and applications.
- Fully tweaked and improved ROM.
- Install advance features from different ROM and models.
- Integration with other hardware like TV, USB OTG (On-The-Go), gaming console and more.
Have all the preparation completed? Enough of understanding of what is going to be done? If you do, we shall move forward to the tutorial on next page.