Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware is rolling out in Asia on Samsung Galaxy S3 mini GT-I8190. Jelly Bean android 4.1.2 official firmware is now available for France Samsung Galaxy S3 mini I8190. The update is now available for download from either Samsung Kies or OTA update. If you have not receive Android 4.1.2 update via OTA, you may manually update using our guide below.
Benefit of Rooting
1. Full Control of Android With root access, you can alter any system files (developer level), delete annoying pre-installed stock apps (come with carrier perhaps), change Samsung boot animation (or others brand) and much more. As you can tells, you can actually alter with full access to your phone via root.
2. Backup and Restore Your Android Devices It is not a unique condition whereby your phone will getting slower and buggy after long period of usage. No matter how well you keep your phone (not installing any stuff which is not possible), it seem like the phone will still getting degraded in performance or error keep popping up. Backup the entire system to an SD card is a must so that you can restore back to the state where no errors are found. Rooting allows you to do so as with Backup App like Titanium Backup or Nandroid Backup.
3. Most Important – Install Custom Rom. The ultimate goal of rooting your Android devices is to flash custom rom. Many has complaint of the bad of stock rom and one of the best solution is to flash highly-customized rom. With the installation of custom rom, you are expecting: better battery, butter-smooth performance, customization in term of UI and applications, apply most advance and latest software and apps on older devices, faster network speed, stable network connectivity, USB OTG (On-To-Go) and many more.
It’s always risky to root your phone and be warned that a failure may brick your phone. In order to keep your phone safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
The tutorial and guide below is only compatible to Samsung Galaxy S3 mini GT-I8190 model. It will not compatible to other devices.
Check phone model – Goto Settings -> About Device -> Model Number.
- Windows-based PC
- Samsung Galaxy S3 mini GT-I8190
- Download and install USB drivers on PC. Download Samsung USB Driver for Windows and Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device.
- Backup your personal data on phone to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 50% to avoid interruption during flashing. How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
- Official Android 4.1.2 JB For Galaxy S3 mini (I8190XXAMA3_I8190FTMAMA1_FTM.zip | 629.1 MB)
- Odin v1.85 (Odin3-v1.85.zip, 203KB)
- Extract the downloaded zip with WinRar to a folder.
- You should see final.tar.md5 and Odin.exe from downloaded.zip file.
- Now, turn off your phone.
- Entering Samsung Galaxy S3 mini Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button, followed by Volume Up button right after the screen turns on.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable.
- Launch Odin by double-clicking on Odin3.exe. Wait until an “Added” message shown at the lower-left message box of Odin user interface.
- Once your phone is recognized, click on the PDA button and select the final.tar.md5
- Make sure the Repartition option is not checked under Options & check on Auto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash final.tar.md5 on your Samsung Galaxy S3 mini. The progress can be observed via Odin User Interface.
- Once the flashing is completed, a green “PASS” message will be shown to indicate the flashing is successful.
- Disconnect your phone now and your phone shall reboot automatically.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I8190 mini has been successfully updated with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XAAMA3 firmware.