Samsung Galaxy X Cover 2 was released with Android 4.1 out of box but yet Samsung want to update to newer Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Along with this update, it helps to fix some of the minor bug in the system and without much changes in term of new features being ported. It still worth to update to newer Android version for enhanced stability of your device. We have prepared the complete guide for you in case you want to manually update to Android 4.1.2.
It’s always risky to modify your device and be warned that a failure may brick your device. In order to keep your device safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.By doing this, you warranty may be void.
The tutorial and guide below is only compatible to Samsung Galaxy X Cover 2 model. It will not compatible to other devices.
Check phone model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number.
- Windows-based PC
- Samsung Galaxy X Cover 2.
- Download and install USB drivers on PC. Download Samsung USB Driver for Windows and Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device.
- Backup your personal data on phone to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 50% to avoid interruption during flashing.How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMB3 Official Firmware(S7710XXAMB3_S7710OXXAMA9_NEE.zip | 718.1 MB)
- Odin3 v1.85 (Odin3_v1.85.zip, 199KB).
How To Update China Samsung Galaxy SIII to I9300 ZNEMB1 Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
- Extract ***ROM***..zip and Odin3-v1.85.zip a folder.
- You should see ***.tar.md5 from ***ROM***.zip and Odin3 v1.85.exe fromOdin3-v1.85.zip.
- Now, turn off your phone.
- Entering Samsung Galaxy X Cover 2 Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button, followed by Volume Up button right after the screen turns on.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable.
- Launch Odin by double-clicking on Odin3 v1.85.exe. Wait until an “Added” message shown at the lower-left message box of Odin user interface.
- Once your phone is recognized, click on the PDA button and select the***.tar.md5
- Make sure the Repartition option is not checked under Options & check onAuto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash ***.tar.md5 on your Samsung Galaxy X Cover 2. The progress can be observed via Odin User Interface.
- Once the flashing is completed, a green “PASS” message will be shown to indicate the flashing is successful.
- Disconnect your phone now and your phone shall reboot automatically.
- Your Samsung Galaxy X Cover 2 has been successfully updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean