HTC One X+ will be released to the market shortly. While for those who own the HTC One X, it is still worth to have this 1.5 quad core smartphone with you. Since development of Android custom rom never stop, Paranoid is now releasing its latest JellyBean 4.1.2 Paranoid custom rom firmware for HTC One X. Paranoid is one of the famous custom rom developer in XDA forum which bring tremendous of butter-smooth rom for us.
If you are interested in flashing this custom rom while waiting for the official Jelly Bean OTA update from HTC, we are here to provide the complete step-by-step tutorial on how to install Paranoid 4.1.2 Jelly Bean rom.
It’s always risky to root your phone and be warned that a failure may brick your phone. In order to keep your phone safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
1. Windows-based PC
2. Rooted HTC One X. How to Root and Install ClockWorkMod Recovery For HTC One X
3. Download and install USB drivers on PC. Download HTC USB Driver for Windows
4. Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device.
5. Backup your personal data on phone to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
6. Make sure your phone is charged to 50% to avoid interruption during flashing. How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
1. Paranoid Custom ROM firmware Package (pa_evita-2.54-09NOV2012-210217.zip, 179.09MB)
1. We emphasize on backup of your personal data on phone to PC before any flashing of custom ROM.
2. Once the backup is done, connect your HTC One X to the computer via USB cable.
3. Copy and paste the downloaded pa_evita-2.54-09NOV2012-210217.zip files to your phone internal SD card. Reminder: Place the downloaded ROM file into internal SD card root (not in any folder).
4. Turn off your phone and disconnect from USB cable.
5. Boot your phone into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up key and Power button.
6. In Recovery, always perform a full Wipe Data/Factory Reset. (Use Volume key to navigate in Recovery Mode)
7. Do Wipe Cache Partition – Select from the menu and select Yes to confirm.
8. Go to advanced and do Wipe Dalvik Cache — Select from the menu and select Yes to confirm.
9. From the main menu in Recovery, select the install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from internal sdcard, browse to folder location and select the Paranoid custom rom file and click Yes to install.
10. After the installation completes, go back to recovery’s main menu.
11. Select reboot system now to reboot the phone. The first boot up will take longer time than usual. Please wait patiently.
After reboot, JellyBean 4.1.2 Paranoid Custom Rom is now successfully installed in your HTC One X.