OTA official update is now available for Galaxy S Advance in Russian coded I9070XXLPY android 4.1.2. Update is now available via Samsung Kies but if the update is not available with you yet, proceed to our manual installation guide below. Tutorial below is prepared for you who eagerly wants to update their Russian Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 manually without waiting for Samsung Kies or OTA updates. The official firmware below is based on the latest i9070XXLPY build which includes multi windows, customized notification menu, and much more. Check out more features below.
New Features on I9070XXLPY Official Firmware On Samsung Galaxy S Advance
- New Gallery App (Same as in Note II)
- Notification Panel
- Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled
- Smart Rotation
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- New Photo Effect Filter
- Improved S Voice
- Google Now
It’s always risky to root your device and be warned that a failure may brick your device. In order to keep your device safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
The tutorial and guide below is only compatible to Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 model. It will not compatible to other devices.
Check phone model – Goto Settings -> About Device -> Model Number.
- Windows-based PC
- Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070.
- Download and install USB drivers on PC. Download Samsung USB Driver for Windows and Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device.
- Backup your personal data on phone to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 50% to avoid interruption during flashing.How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
1. Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLPY Official Firmware (I9070XXLPY_I9070SERLPY_SER.zip, 422.2MB)
- PDA: I9070XXLPY
- CSC: I9070SERLPY
- Version: 4.1.2
- Date: 2012-12-18
- Regions: Russian
2. Odin3 v1.85 (Odin3_v1.85.zip, 199KB).
- Extract I9070XXLPY_I9070SERLPY_SER.zip and Odin3-v1.85.zip a folder.
- You should see I9070XXLPY_I9070SERLPY_SER.tar.md5 from I9070XXLPY_I9070SERLPY_SER.zip and Odin3 v1.85.exe from Odin3-v1.85.zip.
- Now, turn off your phone.
- Entering Samsung Galaxy S Advance Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button, followed by Volume Up button right after the screen turns on.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable.
- Launch Odin by double-clicking on Odin3 v1.85.exe. Wait until an “Added” message shown at the lower-left message box of Odin user interface.
- Once your phone is recognized, click on the PDA button and select the I9070XXLPY_I9070SERLPY_SER.tar.md5
- Make sure the Repartition option is not checked under Options & check on Auto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash I9070XXLPY_I9070SERLPY_SER.tar.md5 on your Samsung Galaxy S Advance. The progress can be observed via Odin User Interface.
- Once the flashing is completed, a green “PASS” message will be shown to indicate the flashing is successful.
- Disconnect your phone now and your phone shall reboot automatically.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 has been successfully updated to Android 4.1.2.