Leaked test firmware for Galaxy Note (XXLSA) has been exposed to community few days ago while mostly Galaxy Note users still using stock ICS rom with brick-bug issue. With the release of this leaked firmware, many Note users like you must be enlighten by the “new” features in Jelly Bean update which is already ported in Galaxy Note 2. Some of these features are Airview (preview picture or video by pointing S-pen on them), MultiView or MultiWindows (performing two application simultaneously) and more.
As for today, we brings you the custom rom build on the leaked test firmware which is recommended to flash with. SVA V3.0 Jelly Bean custom rom has high reputation in famous XDA development forums with its stability and battery life. We included some of the comment of the SVA V3.0 users:
- Based on stock Jelly Bean XXLSA (N7000XXLSA_N7000DBTLSA_N7000XXLSA)
- Kernel: PhilZ-cwm-XXLSA 6.3
- SuperSU 0.98
- CWMManager 3.60
- Framework (_SVA_ theme)
- Black Statusbar
- In Statusbar in the top right corner of the icon-added button “Lock”
- Battery with a percentage of the charge and the charging animation
- Mods with large and normal icons in the status bar
- Mods for stock battery and battery-bagel
- Semi transparent Pulldown (and notification too)
- In pulldown added buttons Lock and Tasks
- Intelligent screen rotation
- Removed lock mode icon (Dormant mode) in the notification and status bar
- Added airview fix + airview in Gallery (thx ianbbaa and Robbie!)
- Added modes Multi windows all apps
- Added mod Android 4.2 keyboard with gesture support
- Added mod Android 4.2 GMail
- Added mod SonyBravia
- Added mod AvespmeBEATS
- SecEmail.apk – hacked
- Delete the restriction on the length of the message signature for e-mail
- In the Phone settings, as an extension of SVA ROM, added:
- Changed theme dialer (_SVA_ theme)
- Built-in dialer call recording
- Callrecorder works fine
- When surfing the Internet and using programs with ad-advertising – advertising is blocked
- Increased the number of recipients per 1 SMS to 200
- Increased the send SMS to 1 MB
- SMS input mode is set to auto
- Extended menu off – 4 types
It’s always risky to root your phone and be warned that a failure may brick your phone. In order to keep your phone safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
The tutorial and guide below is only compatible to Samsung Galaxy Note International version GT-N7000 model. It will not compatible to other devices.
Make sure you are either come from stock ICS rom with safe kernel (How-to)(recommended method) or any other custom rom. You will end up with phone brick if you flash this ROM from Stock ICS Rom with Stock Kernel. Stock Kernel do has the brick-bug issue affect Samsung models such as Galaxy S2 and Note.
1. Windows-based PC
2. Rooted Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 with safe kernel. How To Root and Install ClockWorkMod Recovery For Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
3. Download and install USB drivers on PC. Download Samsung USB Driver for Windows and Samsung Kies.
4. Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device.
5. Backup your personal data on phone to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
6. Make sure your phone is charged to 50% to avoid interruption during flashing. How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
1. First of all, connect your Samsung Galaxy Note to the computer with micro USB cable.
2. Then, copy and paste the downloaded SVA_ROM_JB_v3.0_XXLSA.zip files to your phone SD card. Reminder: Place the downloaded ROM file into external SD card root (not in any folder).
3. Turn off your phone and disconnect USB cable from the computer.
4. Boot your phone into CWM Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up key, Home button and Power button.
6. Do Wipe Cache Partition – Select from the menu and select Yes to confirm.
7. Go to advanced and do Wipe Dalvik Cache — Select from the menu and select Yes to confirm.
8. From the main menu in Recovery, select the install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from internal sdcard, browse to folder location and select the SVA V3.0 Jelly Bean XXLSA custom rom file and click Yes to install.
9. After the installation completes, your device will be reboot automatically in most cases.
10. The first boot up will take longer time than usual. Please wait patiently. If the boot up stuck at the Samsung logo, press and hold the Power button for few second. Your phone will reboot and boot up to Jelly Bean normally.
11. After reboot, SVA V3.0 Jelly Bean XXLSA Custom Rom is now successfully installed in your Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000.