Samsung is busy pushing out their latest Jelly Bean firmware android 4.1.2 (With multi windows) to all the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duo devices in all selective countries. Firmware I9082XXAMAB is now available for download via Samsung Kies as well as OTA update on Galaxy Gland Duo. The XXAMAB firmware is applicable to users from Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom. You may or may not receive the OTA update but you can update it via our tutorial guides. Check out our manual update procedures for more details.
New Features on I9082XXAMAB Official Firmware On Samsung Galaxy Grand Duo
-Multi-View (Multi-Windows Multitasking, same as in Note II)
- New Gallery App (Same as in Note II)
- Notification Panel (Notification Panel can now be customized)
-Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled
-Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
-Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
-Paper Artist App
-Group Cast App
It’s always risky to root your device and be warned that a failure may brick your device. In order to keep your device safe, please read carefully every single line of the tutorial and follows the steps exactly. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
The tutorial and guide below is only compatible to Samsung Galaxy Grand Duo LTE GT-I9082 model. It will not compatible to other devices.
Check phone model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number.
- Windows-based PC
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Duo GT-I9082.
- Download and install USB drivers on PC. Download Samsung USB Driver for Windows and Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Device.
- Backup your personal data on phone to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 50% to avoid interruption during flashing.How to Check Battery Level On Android Device.
1. Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMAB Official Firmware ( I9082XXAMAB_I9082OXEAMA5_SER.zip | 748.1 MB)
- PDA: I9082XXAMAB
- CSC: I9082OXXAMA3
- Version: 4.1.2
- Date: 2013-01-15
- Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
2. Odin3 v1.85 (Odin3_v1.85.zip, 199KB).
- Extract ***ROM***..zip and Odin3-v1.85.zip a folder.
- You should see ***.tar.md5 from ***ROM***.zip and Odin3 v1.85.exe from Odin3-v1.85.zip.
- Now, turn off your phone.
- Entering Samsung Galaxy Grand Duo Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button, followed by Volume Up button right after the screen turns on.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable.
- Launch Odin by double-clicking on Odin3 v1.85.exe. Wait until an “Added” message shown at the lower-left message box of Odin user interface.
- Once your phone is recognized, click on the PDA button and select the ***.tar.md5
- Make sure the Repartition option is not checked under Options & check on Auto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash ***.tar.md5 on your Samsung Galaxy Gland Duo. The progress can be observed via Odin User Interface.
- Once the flashing is completed, a green “PASS” message will be shown to indicate the flashing is successful.
- Disconnect your phone now and your phone shall reboot automatically.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duo GT-I9082 has been successfully updated with Multi Windows feature.